A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
You found out that a small town in Kara's Vale called Lanecrost has come under attack at night. There have been strange sightings of creatures stirring in the shadows. Shortly after your arrival, you realised the source wasn't inside the town but instead in the catacombs below.
Delve into the dungeon!
Draw your weapon and bring some light! Squash giant rats and smash goblin scum! For glory and fame! However, perhaps you just want the riches.
Herogues is a roguelike that follows a traditional path of a turn-based adventure, but it feels like an action rpg when played. It combines old-school and modern styles for a unique experience. Every playthrough is different as the dungeons and items are procedurally generated.
You play as a hero who takes it upon themselves to delve into a dungeon near a tiny town. Your quest is to protect the town and find out what or who is causing this darkness to seep into the light. There are hundreds of items to help you in your quest, you just have to find them. Also, you want the gold.
- Procedurally generated dungeons
- 11 different types of dungeons
- Procedurally generated items
- Randomized potions
- Treasure chests
- 26 different spells (more to come)
- Ancient Stones
- 23 passive skills
- Melee and ranged weapons
- Mini bosses
- Magical, rare, epic, and Legendary monsters
- Randomized quests
- Friendly town
Latest Herogues v0.278 Update - 05/10/2016:
- New (Controls): Full mouse support
- New (Feature): Cooking (drag food on torches in the dungeon)
- New (Item): Cooked Leg of Mutton
- New (Item): Cooked Cabbage
- New (Item): Cooked Fish
- New (Item): Cooked Chicken Leg
- New (Item): Cooked Sausage
- New (Item): Cooked Spinach
- New (Item): Popcorn
- New (Item): Cooked Egg
- New (Item): Cooked Turnip
- New (Item): Cooked Tomato
- New (Item): Cooked Orange
- New (Item): Cooked Apple
- New (Item Type): Ancient Stones
- New (Item): Gate Stone
- New (Spell): Lesser Heal
- New (Spell): Major Heal
- New (Spell): Detect Traps
- New (Spell): Lightning
- New (Passive Skill): Brilliance (Mage)
- New (Passive Skill): Fire Faculty (Mage)
- New (Passive Skill): Ice Faculty (Mage)
- New (Passive Skill): Lightning Faculty (Mage)
- New (Passive Skill): Poison Faculty (Mage)
- New (UI): Grid overlay (toggleable)
- Improvements (Floor levels): Better dungeon design
- Improvements (Gfx): Better particle effects
- Skeleton Archers, Fire Imps, and others now check if view is obstructed before firing.
Previous Herogues v0.260 Update - 27/08/2016:
- New (Level Type): Crystal Caverns
- New (Bestiary): Crystal Crawler
- New (Bestiary): Blink Bat
- New (Bestiary): Blue Slime
- New (Spell): Whirlwind
- New (Passive Skill): Vigor (Warrior)
- New (Passive Skill): Regeneration (Adventurer)
- New (Characteristic): Oozes regenerate HP
- New (Interactable): Crystals (with various properties like traps)
- New (Gfx): Blink spell effect
- New (Gfx): Crystal effects
- New (Gfx): HDR Bloom
- New (Sound): Bats' death sound effects
- New (Option): Blood splatter can be switched off
- Change (Debuff): Poison on a hero now ticks 1 times per 5 turns
- Improvements (Log): Log now saves into a file
- Improvements (UI): Better polished windows
- Improvements (Gfx): Better 3D gfx performance aiming for 120fps
- Blink Bat does not teleport on top of other monsters anymore, I think.
- Coins should no longer spawn on traps (or maybe they should?).
This is an early access release. If you decide to purchase, you will have access to all future versions as well as the final release. Please keep this in mind when buying the game as it still needs some polish and balancing.
The game requires a 3D card to play with a decent frame rate. I do not recommend playing it on integrated graphics.
I am just one man working on this game. I have been developing Herogues in the evenings and weekends when I am not at work. I really hope you like it.
Please tell me if you find any issues or bugs, which I have done my best to make sure there are none (that I am aware of). If you have any other suggestions as to the game at all, I am happy to hear any feedback.
I have many plans for it so the updates will be coming in often.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.